Agreement on regional representation of KosovoSource: B92.
The round of the Belgrade-Priština dialogue that ended in Brussels on Feb. 24 yielded an agreement of the following content:
Arrangements Regarding Regional Representation and Cooperation
1. Both parties confirm their commitment to effective, inclusive and representative regional cooperation.
2. To this effect 'Kosovo*' is the only denomination to be used within the framework of regional cooperation.
3. The footnote to be applied to the asterisk in para 2 above will read:
"This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSC 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence."
4. 'Kosovo*' participates on its own account and speaks for itself at all regional meetings.
5. Where new agreements are to be initialed and/or signed, a representative of 'Kosovo*' will sign under the designation in paras 2 and 3 above.
6. As concerns modifications to existing agreements signed by UNMIK, nothing in these conclusions will be interpreted as prejudicial to UNMIK's legal rights. A representative of the United Nations Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK) will bi invited to meetings organized within the framework of arrangements for which it is a signatory. It is for UNMIK to decide whether to attend any particular meeting.
7. Hosts of meetings will be encouraged to avoid the display of national symbols except for their own and those of the EU, taking into account the statutes of relevant organizations.
8. The EU as Facilitator will inform relevant regional organizations and entities of these arrangements for denomination, representation and signature. They should be reflected in the practical organization of regional meetings. The EU will monitor the implementation of these arrangements.
9. Both parties and the EU will urge partners to support these arrangements and to assist in their implementation.
10. The regional organizations referred to in these conclusions are existing and future intergovernmental organizations or arrangements whose aim is to promote cooperation or integration in the Balkan region. "Regional meetings" includes meetings of these organizations and also ad-hoc or informal meetings with similar aims. It also includes meetings with EU institutions in the context of the European agenda.
11. These arrangements are adopted on an interim basis.