Thursday, May 20, 2021

Sali Berisha sues the US Secretary of State after declaring "non grata": Defamatory decision! Battle in France, for honor and dignity!

SManalysis



May 20, 2021 
TIRANA

Former Prime Minister and former President of Albania, Sali Berisha, has sued the American Secretary of State, Anthony Blinken, after his decision to declare Berisha and his family as unwanted in the US, on charges of corruption.

In a press conference, Berisha stated that he has instructed his lawyer in France to file a lawsuit against Secretary Blinken for public defamation, by the Paris Court

"I am here to inform you of an unusual decision. For reasons that are completely unknown to me, the US Secretary of State announced yesterday in the most unexpected, most defamatory way. I want to emphasize that since I started my political life, but I guarantee you that since I touched the first salary in the state payroll, and until yesterday, there is no one in the world who can say that I am or have been implicated in a corrupt affair of any kind. That is why I have instructed my lawyer in a neutral and respected country, such as France, to file a lawsuit against Mr. "Blinken is a direct lawsuit for public defamation by the Paris Court", said Berisha.

Further, while saying that he will not hand over the mandate of the deputy, but will not include the Democratic Party in this issue, Sali Berisha stated that his battle in France, against the most powerful diplomat in the world, will be done in honor of dignity.

"My battle is only about human dignity, I have no other concern, but this is irrevocable. One fact would be enough for me to make completely different decisions. But they had zero facts. But still do not lose, I will make every effort to present the evidence against me in court. I would accept any evidence, but not evidence mounted in Tirana by Edi Rama's offices. Let the evidence come out. Now I have a trial, let them present the evidence to the judge. He is the most powerful diplomat in the world, I am a citizen, but I have unlimited faith in justice ", added the former Albanian Prime Minister. 

No comments: