Saturday, December 18, 2010

Kouchner: I knew nothing about organ trade

18 December 2010 | 12:04 | Source: BBC
LONDON -- First UNMIK Chief and Former French FM Bernard Kouchner says he did not know about the illegal human organ trade.

Bernard Kouchner
Bernard Kouchner

“I am skeptical about Dick Marty’s report,” he told BBC.

In its initial reaction to the CoE investigator’s report, the British Foreign Ministry announced that such allegations always needed to be taken seriously.

The British government has called upon Marty to provide all the evidence to the competent authorities in order to conduct a complete investigation.

Great Britain encourages Kosovo government to support and facilitate the investigation, the announcement adds.

None of the participants of the EU summit in Brussels on Friday wanted to comment on the CoE investigator’s report.

Kouchner told BBC that he was skeptical about Marty’s allegations about the human organ trade and that a full international investigation should be launched.

“My first reaction, and I read the report very carefully, is that I’m very skeptical about those accusations of the organ trade. My second reaction is to have somebody investigate this, conduct a real investigation. Those are my two reactions,” he was quoted as saying.....

WWW.B92.NET

No comments: