Friday, June 8, 2012

Pyrros Dimas: The Greek parties for many years had forgotten the Northern Epirus
Dimas: The last member of the Greek Parliament from Himara, was exactly 100 years ago. I think the fullness of time has restored an injustice.


Pyrros Dimas with the President of PASOK Mr. Venizelos
 
In a ceremony held at Hippocrates for sports hosted by the President of PASOK Evangelos Venizelos having the side of the head of the party PASOK, the gold medalist, Pyrros Dimas. Before speak, the President of PASOK, who was preceded by a short position of the Lion of Himara."Mr. President, dear fellow, my friends sport. All my life I lift weights. It is not easy. So I do now. I accepted the honorary proposal of the President Evangelos Venizelos to head the State of PASOK ballot, mainly because I think it hides a deep symbolism.


I did not by ambition. I deeply believe that the President, knowing better than anyone what lifting weights asikota the country, asked me to show the Greeks that we can and will succeed.I think a medal is a benchmark that unites a people. So I responded to this call to share with all Greek to you, and efforts to lift up Greece again, because this is a national effort. A huge effort of national importance.


Greece is struggling with a very strong opponent, with its debt. This brought the crisis and the plight of the Greek people that all the living. All the fear and all looking for ways to cut our. I am a child born in a very difficult area of ​​Hellenism and Northern Epirus, and there where people lift weights incredibly decades now. Forgive me, but I will say my complaint. This area for many - many years had forgotten the Greek political parties.
The last member of the Greek Parliament from Himara, was exactly 100 years ago. I think the fullness of time has restored an injustice.

No comments: