Sunday, March 15, 2020

LDK with 'ultimatum' to Albin Kurti: Tax should be abolished TODAY, IMMEDIATELY

SManalysis


March 15, 2020

LDK Deputy Prime Minister Avdullah Hoti has demanded that the tax on Serbian goods be lifted immediately. According to him, this should happen today.

“The tax should be abolished TODAY, IMMEDIATELY, COMPLETELY.

There is no place for political tactics with our partnership with the US ”, Hoti wrote.

Hoti's statement comes just minutes after Prime Minister Albin Kurti said he regretted not being able to abolish the tax on Serbian goods because of disagreement with the LDK.

“Today, on March 15, 2020, we had to abolish the 100% tariff on raw materials imported from Serbia. This will not happen because my position on February 26, 2020, meanwhile, was not made a decision. I am sorry for this. I still have not managed to convince our ruling coalition partner, LDK, of what I am convinced: gradually replacing the tariff with reciprocity is the best, fairest and most useful way, ”Kurti wrote today.

The following is Kurti's statement today on the tax on Serbian goods:

Two apologies

Dear citizens,

Today, March 15, 2020, the 100% tariff on raw materials imported from Serbia had to be abolished. This will not happen because my position on February 26, 2020, meanwhile, was not made a decision. I am sorry for this. I still have not managed to convince our ruling coalition partner, LDK, of what I am convinced: gradually replacing the tariff with reciprocity is the best, fairest and most useful way.

Yesterday's session of the Assembly of the Republic of Kosovo, which started in the afternoon and ended after midnight, did not respect the orders for physical distance above one meter between people at the time of the Corona virus pandemic. With my deputy prime ministers, I was all the time closer, and sometimes during various conversations as we discussed the 2020 budget that we approved last night. I'm sorry about that and apologize.

cordially,
Albin Kurti

No comments: