Saturday, November 9, 2013

The nationalist Mayor of Vlora Municipality under arrest

Gjika: I will speak only in court
Top Channel TV



Gjika: I will speak only in court
The Mayor of Vlore, Shpetim Gjika, broke the silence by declaring one week before the trial against him that all charges pressed by the Prosecution are unfounded.

“So far I have remained silent, which doesn’t mean that the accusations stand. But being a man that respects the law and institutions, certainly that my word will be said there where the judiciary will give its verdict”, Gjika declared.

Gjika explained the reasons why he hasn’t spoken before about the accusations against him.

“I haven’t spoken so far, and I’ve left everything to facts and papers that are being represented by the lawyer that defends my case. Certainly that I will be at court, as a man that has respected the state institutions, the rule of law, and certainly that I will be at court in sign of respect for my work, my stance, my conscience and certainly, for the judiciary”, Gjika declared.

“This was the first declaration of the Vlore Mayor, from the moment when the Prosecution sent the case at Court. The first court session will be held on November 15th, and it will be led by Judge Anastasi Shehu. The Prosecution started investigating Gjika on February 2013, accusing him of using his power as Chairman of the Vlore City Council of Territory Regulation, in cooperation with Eleni Dardhaj, the Director of the Territory Planification at the vlore Municipality, and of falsifying the content of two documents issued by the Council of Territory Regulation on 24 March 2010 and 15 July 2010.

No comments: