Thursday, December 10, 2015

Army chief, KFOR commander discuss incidents in Kosovo

The Serbian Army (VS) chief has asked NATO's KFOR in Kosovo "to devote more attention to Gorazdevac and other non-Albanian majority areas."
Source: B92, Tanjug
Ljubisa Dikovic (Tanjug, file)
Ljubisa Dikovic (Tanjug, file)
VS Chief-of-General-Staff Ljubisa Dikovic and KFOR Commander Guglielmo Luigi Miglietta had a telephone conversation on Wednesday, in the wake of the incidents in Serb areas in Kosovo.
Dikovic also "voiced his concern over the possibility that recent armed attacks on Serbs in Gorazdevac had been organized," the defense ministry said, quoted by Tanjug.

Dikovic said that the attacks had given rise to a sense of insecurity and unease among Serbs and other citizens in Kosovo and Metohija, and noted that "KFOR is the only guarantor of security in Kosovo and Metohija under UN Resolution 1244."

Miglietta said that the investigation into the Gorazdevac incident was ongoing, and that KFOR had stepped up its presence in the area. He stressed that KFOR "will protect all citizens in Kosovo," the MoD said on its website.

No comments: